Business setup in Italy
Doing business in Italy means entry into the European Union, and access to 500 million consumers in Europe, plus another 270 million in North Africa and the Middle East. Got questions about business setup in Italy? Contact us today for a free consultation.
Have you ever dreamed of living “La Bella Vita”? Well, it doesn’t have to be merely a dream. If you ever thought of a huge life change, now is a great time to open your company in Italy and start living your best life.
Italy has long been one of the most sought-after locations and the gateway into Europe. The Italian lifestyle and all the benefits of living in Italy could be yours if you take the steps to open your company today.
Are you an entrepreneur with a start-up? The Italian government has launched a special scheme to provide visas for start-ups. You can apply directly for the Italy Entrepreneur Visa through this link.
The main access point to the European Economic Community
All roads lead to Rome… and Milan, and Sicily
The benefits of living in Italy and running your business are far beyond lifestyle and economic reasons. Italy has one of the strongest health care systems in Europe, and coverage is guaranteed for everyone who lives there. You never have to worry about losing your entire life savings due to an unexpected illness or accident.
My name is Cheryl Obal
I have been lucky enough to live in Italy for the last 18 years. Having seen business opportunities in Italy, I made the decision early on to open my own business here. To say the least, it was the best decision I ever made. Moreover, I am forever grateful to Italy that I was allowed to own a business all by myself as a young foreigner. Of course, any life-changing experience comes with its challenges. If you want more information about the challenges of doing business in Italy, contact me. I can assure you that it was 100% worth it. Now I am a permanent resident of Italy and will soon apply for my citizenship.
Advantages of Owning an Italian company
- Full foreign ownership even for individual shareholders.
- Open a sole proprietorship or private limited liability company.
- To set up a private limited company, you need only 1 euro, while for a public company, 50,000 euros.
- Remote registration is possible, but a local representative must also be appointed and given power of attorney.
- The law does not require you to be a resident to own a company.
- It takes only one week to create a company in Italy.
The auditing company KPMG ensures that the country that offers the most advantages for investment in Europe is ITALY
There are more reasons Italy is the right place for YOU:
- For the year 2018, its growth domestic product (GDP) is $ 36,000 per capita, that is, among its 60 million inhabitants.
- According to the World Trade Organization, it’s the second-largest manufacturing economy in Europe and the seventh in the world, with a trade surplus of 103.8 billion dollars (2016).
- It has the highest number of applications for the international registration of industrial designs and is ranked 3rd among the countries with the highest number of applications for agro-food trademarks.
- 16 Italian universities are among the 500 best in the world. Three of them are in the top 10.
- Great infrastructure, with 6,900 km of highways, 1,000 km of high-speed rail links and ports with access to the Mediterranean Sea.
- Southern Italy is also beginning to be prosperous. Catania, in Sicily, excels in producing advanced technology. Livorno, Turin, Vicenza, Catania, and Naples are very profitable places to install an industrial plant.
- According to the World Intellectual Property (WIPO), Italy ranks 27th in the innovation rate of the economy and companies.
- It is only below Germany in production value in the pharmaceutical sector.
- Qualified workforce and high standards of living.
- We provide advisory for companies or individuals on market entry, business expansion and new business setup in Italy.
- Consider us a one-stop shop for all the information you need about opening companies in Italy.
- Before making the big move, talk to our accountants for income tax advice, and calculating your tax rate in Italy.
- Our partners also arrange notary services and payroll systems.
- We work with established immigration agents to take care of your Italian Visa, and arrange the immigration for you and your family as well as relocation of your staff.
- We advise all economic relationships, such as donations, will and inheritance; establishment of American companies or business in Italy, investing in real estate in Italy, moving from Italy to the US, and vice versa.
- We will train your staff on cross-cultural skills for Italy, busines practices in Italy, challenges in Italy, and italian business ethics.
All you need to know about starting an italian corporation
An application registers the company in the Italian Commercial Registry, and the registration certificate is issued. The foreign investor must execute a public deed of incorporation at the notary’s office, buy the corporate and accounting books, and pay a government subsidy tax.
An application must also be submitted to the Companies Registry to obtain a tax identification number and a VAT number (Partita Iva), and register the company with the Social Security Administration (INPS) and the Agenzia delle Entrate.
Foreign investors have certain advantages when it comes to tax regulations in Italy, for example they are not required to pay capital gains tax or wealth tax.
How can you open a company bank account in Italy?
Present your documents of incorporation of the company
Complete the documents issued by the bank
Appoint a representative of the company before the bank
Create your business accounts to accept payments online
Laws that regulate investments
Italian Civil Code
Legislative Decree (TUF) 58/1998
The judgements issued by the National Commission of Companies and the Stock Market (CONSOB)
Code of the Italian Stocks Exchange (Borsa Italiana)
The Public Limited Companies Law